One of the most popular things to do with the family or roommates while spending time at home is definetley playing board games. These types of games have been part of social bonding for ages, passing from generation to generation and enjoying an everlasting popularity - especially before the era of video games and smartphones. (Yeah, there was a time when these did not exist!)
Board games are so popular in our culture that even movies have been made about them - some from real games and some fictional which became actual games afterwards.
- Jumanji: The original Jumanji was released in 1995 and starred Robin Williams and Kirsten Dunst, and told the story of a supernatural board game that brought jungle hazards to its players on every turn they take, and siblings Judy and Peter must find the way to finish the game and restore all the destruction back to normal.
- Zathura: Released in 2005 and based on a different book by Jumanji’s author, Chris Van Allsburg, Zathura tells the tale of another supernatural board game that teleports its young players into outer space where they meet an astronaut who mentors them to finish the game and return home.
- Clue: This 1985 black comedy film was based on the Hasbro board game of the same name, where six strangers must solve the mystery of the murder of their host, Mr. Boddy. The tragedy happened in the same room where everyone was at the time, making everyone a suspect of the crime. To maintain the nature of the board game, the theatrical release included three different endings, with each cinema receiving one of them randomly.
- Ouija: Another Hasbro trademark, the infamous spirit board game got its own horror film in 2014. In the film, a group of friends whose use of the Ouija Board led to a series of supernatural deaths. Ouija Boards have also been a main theme in classic films like the Exorcist and 13 Ghosts.
What other board games can you remember that have made it to the big screen? Or even better, what is your favorite board game you think would be a great idea to see come to real life in a film?
Get 111 Board Game Spins on Double Ya'Luck Slot!
Redeem Coupon 111BOARDGAME
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon 300HIGHROLLER
111BOARDGAME coupon holds 27x roll over. Redeem 2x weekly until end of the month. 300HIGHROLLER bonus holds 40x roll over and it is redeemable once this month.
Some of us may be spending most time at home than we were usually used to and watching movies might be a great way to pass the time after work or on the weekends. There is nothing better than a good family film to take a break from these crazy days and enjoy some time around with your loved ones. So, go ahead and order a pizza, get comfy and check these family films out that not only the tiniest family members will love:
- Toy Story 4: The fourth and last installment of the Toy Story series was released just last year and follows Woody, Buzz Lightyear and their other toy friends under their new owner: Bonnie. Featuring voices from Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Keanu Reeves, the toys embark on a road trip adventure and run into an old friend from Andy's house.
- Inside Out: This modern classic was released in 2015 and is set in the mind of a young girl named Riley, where her personified emotions: sadness, joy, anger, fear and disgust try to lead her through her life. This film features a smart storyline and a very interesting concept that young and not-so-young will enjoy.
- Home Alone: For some it’s difficult to learn that this film turns 30 years in November. This hugely successful comedy featuring Macaulay Culkin and Joe Pesci follows an 8-year-old kid who must defend his house from two burglars after his family left him behind on Christmas. One thing is for sure: kids from this age will still definitely laugh out loud while watching this movie.
- Monsters, Inc.: Another successful film from the past that enjoyed critical acclaim is Monsters, Inc. Featuring the voices of John Goodman, Billy Crystal and Steve Buscemi, the film follows two monsters who make a living by scaring human children -which in turn generates power from their city.
What other feel-good movies you can think of that not only the kids in the family will love? There’s no time like the present to go back and capture some of that childlike wonder you used to have and enjoy it now in your adult life!
Get 111 The Three Stooges® Brideless Groom Spins!
Redeem Coupon 111COMEDIES
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon 300HIGHROLLER
111COMEDIES coupon holds 27x roll over. Redeem 2x weekly until May 31st. 300HIGHROLLER bonus holds 40x roll over and it is redeemable once this month.
Healthcare professionals have bridged the gap between science and society since ancient times; applying their vast knowledge to human health has been a crucial aspect of humankind and has allowed societies to flourish into what we are today.
Amid this global pandemic due to COVID-19, doctors and healthcare professionals around the world have adopted the role that the military used to take against a common enemy: they are the frontline soldiers against an invisible and sometimes fatal enemy.
Their priority is to put the lives of patients first, even if it means working through exhaustion while most of us are confined at home waiting for out healthcare army to bring patients back to their normal lives.
Doctors, nurses, paramedics and other healthcare professionals around the world have faced an unusual workload in overstretched facilities and with no end in sight. They have managed to deliver an amazing work to save the lives of millions of people while having to deal with the stress and fear of being vulnerable to catch the virus themselves.
How can we help our local doctors get through this emergency faster?
By staying at home, we reduce the odds of more people getting infected, eventually making the number of positive cases much lower and easier to handle. Remember, doctors might be on the frontline, but we are all in this together!