There’s nothing better than combining the thrill of the game with the beauty of a good film. The grandeur of Las Vegas casinos has been a real inspiration for dozens of films to add a level of intrigue and luxury when a director is making their movie. Let’s take a quick look at 5 of the best casino and gambling themed movies:
- Ocean’s Eleven: Perhaps the most famous casino themed films is 1960’s ‘Ocean’s Eleven’. This movie is packed with action and stylish suits and inspired by a series of Las Vegas casino robberies. Its 2001 remake also received critical acclaim, with George Clooney and Brad Pitt as Danny Ocean and Rusty Ryan who plan a heist of $150 million from a casino owner.
- Rounders: This 1998 film starts Matt Damon as Mike McDermott, one of the best poker players in the world who is now trying to stay away from the game and end up increasing the stakes so he can pay off the money he owes to loan sharks.
- The Sting: Starring Paul Newman, Robert Shaw and Robert Redford, this 1973 drama tells the story of a young man from Chicago seeking revenge for the death of his partner. The film was nominated for ten Oscars and winning seven, including Best Picture.
- Casino: This classic directed by Martin Scorsese in 1995 tells the story of a mobster, played by Robert De Niro, who starts operating Mafia-run casino hotels. Joe Pesci and Sharon Stone also appear in this thrilling film.
- High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story: This 2005 movie tells the story of the life of poker player Stu Ungar and the road to his success in several World Series of Poker. The film features cameos from several poker starts including Vince Van Patten, Andy Glazer and Al Bernstein.
What other gambling-related films can you think of that had a major impact on you and your gameplay? Maybe it’s time for a movie marathon to relive these beauties!
Get 111 Ocean Oddities Spins!
Redeem Coupon OCEANSELEVEN
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon 300HIGHROLLER
OCEANS111 coupon holds 25x roll over. Redeem 1x weekly until March 31st. 300HIGHROLLER bonus holds 40x roll over and it is redeemable once this month.