Pumpkins are a traditional part of autumn in North America and are regarded as a symbol for Thanksgiving meals in Canada and the US as well as used for decorations around Halloween. They have been around for thousands of years in our continent, and are one of its oldest domesticated plants. They can be cooked in pies, soups, made in tea, or carved to make jack-o’-lanterns! Here are some ideas of how to use them this fall:
- Turn them in a board game! This is a great idea if you have kids: Use chalkboard paint and letter stickers through the whole pumpkin to turn it into a seasonal word search. Give them a piece of chalk and let them find all the hidden words around it!
- Make Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate: stir together 3 cups of milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/8 tsp. cloves, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg and 1 tsp. vanilla in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add in 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped, then top with whipped cream in a mug.
- Use it as a keg! Hollow pumpkins can be used to serve food or drink by scooping out all its innards and seeds and using a coring tool or knife to make a hole 2-3” above the bottom of the pumpkin. Insert a tap in the hole made and fill the pumpkin with your preferred drink like punch, beer or sangria!
- Use as a Planter: Take a hollow pumpkin and fill it with dirt and fill it around one-third or half full. Choose your favorite plant, remove them from their nursery containers, set them on top of the soil and watch them grow!
Pumpkins are definitely one of the coolest and most recognized emblems of the Halloween season. How will you be using your pumpkins this year?
Some of the world’s biggest celebrities celebrate their birthday in the month of August. People born on this month are either Leos or Virgos, which tend to be confident, strong and organized. Of course, these are traits that benefit celebrities, who have to be strong both physically and mentally as well as strong-willed. Some of the most famous birthdays this month include:
- Madonna: She is perhaps one of the most recognizable singers and actresses in the world, being regarded as the “Queen of Pop” since the 1980’s. Madonna is known for her continual reinvention which continues to this day. Her birthday is on August 16.
- Jerry Garcia: Born on August 1, this rock and roll legend was the co-founder of the Grateful Dead - which ruled the hearts of music lovers not only in the US, but all over the world. His legacy continues to be remembered by millions.
- Tom Brady: Tom Brady spent 20 straight seasons playing for the New England Patriots, where he positioned himself as one of the NFL greats. He holds the Super Bowl appearances and victories record, with 9 and 6 respectively. He was born on August 3
- Robert De Niro: This celebrated Hollywood icon was born on August 17 and is best known for his role in Martin Scorsese films such as ‘Taxi Driver’, ‘New York, New York’, ‘Raging Bull’, ‘Casino’ and most recently ‘The Irishman’. His birthday is on August 17.
- Mother Theresa: Throughout her life, Mother Theresa served people selflessly along with her sisters of the Missionaries of Charity, becoming a symbol of love, care and compassion for the whole world. Her birthday is on August 26.
- Michael Jackson: Born on August 29, the “King of Pop” is regarded as one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century, creating an empire in the global scene as one of the greatest entertainers in the history of music.
What other famous names come to mind that were born during August? Perhaps one of your all-time favorites or one of the newer stars?
Pick your favorite bonus and get ready to become rich and famous!
Get 111 Texas Tycoon Spins
Redeem Coupon: 111FAME&FORTUNE
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon : 300HIGHROLLER
111FAME&FORTUNE coupon holds 25x roll over, Redeemable 1x weekly this month. 300HIGHROLLER bonus holds 40x roll over and it is redeemable once this month.
2020 has been a very good year for strong female role models in film, featuring plenty of narratives promoting strong women. Females have been featured in action films more and more, making it a genre not only dominated by male characters nowadays as it was in previous decades. Some of the most important films of this year with a female hero include:
- Mulan: This Disney’s live action remake from the 1998 animated movie tells the story of Mulan, a proud warrior vowing to bring honor to her family by disguising herself as a man in order to battle the huns. The film casts Liu Yifei as Mulan, and was directed by Niki Caro.
- Wonder Woman 1984: It was only a matter of time until we saw Gal Gadot return to the big screen as Wonder Woman, after the success of her first film back in 2017. Taking us back to the 80s, Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman will face her enemies Maxwell Lord (played by Pedro Pascal) and Cheetah (played by Kristen Wiig).
- Black Widow: After years of being relegated to a supporting character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, fans of Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) will finally see her starring in her own movie. The film will tell the backstory of Black Widow, set between the events of Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Birds of Prey: Margot Robbie returned to the big screen this year after her success in 2018’s Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn. In this installment, Quinn battles the vicious crime lord Black Mask (played. By Ewan McGregor) alongside her allies.
It’s safe to say that women are changing it all and 2021 promises to be an even more interesting year for women in film with more exciting titles featuring lead females. Girl power all the way!
Ready to Play?
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon 300HIGHROLLER
Offer requires a $100 min. deposit and it holds 40x roll over. Redeem 1x monthly