It’s no surprise that movies and tv shows about pandemics and worldwide disasters are suddenly becoming highly popular in streaming services like Netflix. With the increase of COVID-19 cases around the world, people seek these titles because they identify now more than ever with the characters and situations shown in the films.
Last week, the 2009 disaster movie ‘2012’ was the seventh most popular overall title and second most popular movie, while the Netflix's docuseries "Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak" was the tenth most popular overall title.
Contagion: This 2011 thriller film starring Marion Cotillard, Matt Damon, Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow tells the story of how a virus transmitted by fomites cause the loss of social order in a pandemic, while medical researchers try to contain the disease.
28 Days Later: This 2002 British horror film depicts the breakdown of society after a highly contagious virus cause people to become fast-moving zombies. This influential film entertains the theme of the destruction of the life as we once knew it.
Quarantine: Released in 2008, this ‘found footage’ horror film features no actual score as the audience can only hear the movie’s thrilling sound effects. The film centers on a reporter and her cameraman covering a firefighter intervention in an apartment building, when some of the building's occupants show animalistic and murderous behavior and find themselves quarantined.
Blindness: Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo star in this movie where the world faces an epidemic that cause people to go blind - as a secretly immune woman follows her husband to an abandoned mental institution used to quarantine people.
These movie plots now seem more like a reality. But worry not, in real life us humans always find a way to prevail and come out victorious!
Get 119 i,Zombie Spins!
Redeem Coupon 119OUTBREAK
Get 300% High Roller Bonus!
Redeem Coupon 300OUTBREAK
119OUTBREAK coupon holds 27x roll over. Redeem 1x weekly until end of the month. 300HIGHROLLER bonus holds 40x roll over and it is redeemable once this month.
Millions of people around the world are having to adapt to a work from home routine - some unexpectedly while others have been doing it for years! Keeping a routine and not just staying in bed until noon is the first step on having an efficient and healthy time working at home. Here are some tips on how to work from home:
- Be disciplined: Working from home requires discipline and good time management. At home you might be easily distracted by the television, your pet, your family members, etc. Be disciplined to focus on finishing work first and then being able to enjoy everything you have at home!
- Be organized: Make sure to set a room aside or workspace such as a little office at home where you can focus on your work. Have a calendar or a schedule if you’re having trouble completing all work tasks and home chores on the same day and set times for each need.
- Take a shower: While many of us won’t meet a single person during a day of work, it’s psychologically and physically healthy to ensure you shower, shave and get dressed every day before starting work.
- Get started earlier: One way to work from home productively is to dive into your to-do list as soon as you wake up, as you might get more progress on a project at the beginning of the day Otherwise, you'll prolong breakfast and let the morning sluggishness prevent you from being as productive.
- Stay connected: Technology allows people to connect and have video calls to check in with family or coworkers as a way to distract ourselves and get some degree of interaction with the outside world.
Working from home isn’t for everyone, but whether we like it or not, many of us will be required to work remotely in the upcoming weeks or maybe even months. Some may want to go back to their office routine, while others will enjoy the WFH experience and try to push their boss to let them continue working from home permanently or at least more often than previously. Everything is changing around us, it’s time to adapt!
Are you ready?
According to the Global Internet Phenomena Report, Netflix is currently the ruler of the world’s global internet traffic, and video streaming adds up to 58% of all Internet’s traffic volume. Other activities such as online gaming and live events are also on the rise these days and could see higher numbers in the coming years.
These are the top 5 application categories by traffic share:
- Video streaming (57.69%): It is currently the top application type on the internet, which includes services like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime. Also, video sharing on social media and even direct video connectivity like video conferences and FaceTime calls, are included in this category.
- Web (17.01%): Web traffic includes web browsing and HTTP downloads that don’t attribute to an individual application.
- Gaming (7.78%): Gaming traffic includes downloads made from major gaming network and from the traffic for specific games. Each year more games are bought via download now, and some are huge! For example, the popular western Red Dead Redemption 2 has a size of over 105 GB!
- Social (5.10%): Social networks are still huge around the world, with Instagram as number 1 and Facebook as number 2 in the most popular social media sites.
- Marketplace (4.61%): Online markets such as iTunes, Google Play, App Store and Windows Store. This category also includes the regular updates we have to download for all major device types, such as our phone’s operative systems.
It’s fascinating what data can tell us about our behavior when using the Internet. It also shows us where the market is going and where companies are focusing their efforts on, such as Disney’s multi-million Disney+ service and the development for online crossplay between our favorite gaming consoles.
Meanwhile, peruse our online slots for real money and check out the bonus slots for top-notch fun here at Sloto Cash Casino. Mozy on over to our Sloto Cash casino lobby and get the following promotions - waiting for you now:
Play with a 125% Easy-Win Match Bonus + 25 Free Spins on 777 Slot
Redeem Code: 125TRAFFICLORDS
Offer requires a $25 min. deposit and it holds 25x roll over. Redeem 1x weekly until end of the month.