Safety measures for your online accounts and home internet usage. As featured on Sloto Magazine
Did you know that cybercrime costs businesses over $500 billion each year? By 2019 it is expected to cost close to $2 trillion! A lot of these crimes are done at high industrial or corporate levels, but some do occur to individuals as well. Therefore it is important to keep your online records and accounts tightly guarded against any abuse or misuse.
Your casino account needs to be protected just as your bank account. Your casino account contains sensitive information that must remain secure at all times. There a few simple tips you can employ to keep your Sloto’Cash account secure:
- Change your password regularly. For maximum security, we recommend you change the password every month. If that is too much, then do it at least twice a year. If you have trouble remembering your new passwords, you can employ a simple pattern for every new password. If your current password is: cupcake33. The next password can be: 1cupcake33, the following 2cupcake33 and so on. This will make it easy to remember.
- Don’t access your account from unsecure locations. Public computers that are used by many users daily are a hazard. If you do use a public computer, make sure you log out properly before you leave the computer.
- Phishing emails. We get unsolicited emails every day. Some attempt to lure you to click on links that will install malicious viruses on your computer, or try to fool you into revealing your passwords. Make sure you do not click any link inside suspicious emails from strangers or even relatives. Sometimes your relatives’ emails may be hacked in order to send phishing emails to all their contacts. Beware!
- Keep a good anti-virus running on your device at all times. There is malicious software that may infect your computer and try to steal your passwords. A good anti-virus will detect and block these malignant programs.
- Keep your operating system updated. Microsoft, Apple and other operating systems constantly release updates to keep the system protected from new threats. Keep your system updating automatically to prevent attacks to your device.
These 5 tips can keep your casino and online accounts safe. Another important issue is to keep good control of the internet usage in your home. If you have underage children in your home, it is important that they don’t access gambling and adults sites without your knowledge.
There’s parenting software (Nanny, K9, Safe Eyes) you can install in your home’s devices that will either block unwanted content and sites; or you can review the activity of internet usage with a monitoring program (eBlaster). If there is only 1 main computer at home, make sure you have the master password to unlock the computer, so children are not using it without your consent.