The climate crisis has highlighted our planet’s oceans and the amazing, unique marine life that can be found under, in and around the water’s surface. Sloto Cash online casino slots real money invites you to learn about some things that you may not know about our oceans before you sign into the casino to play the fun-filled Ocean Oddities online slot.
Check out some interesting facts about our oceans:
- 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered by oceans.
- To date, man has explored less that 5% of the Earth’s oceans
- marine species outnumber land species. 94% per cent of the Earth’s living species that exist within the oceans
- the Mid-Ocean Ridge, located along the north-south axis of the Atlantic Ocean, is earth’s longest mountain chain. It is completely under the water of the Atlantic ocean and stretches across a distance of 65,000 kilometres.
- Estimates are that 70% - 80% of our planet’s oxygen is produced by the ocean’s marine plant life. Of this, most is algae.
- Only a fraction of the marine species in Earth’s oceans have been identified. The World Register of Marine Species estimates that the 240,470 recognized species are just a small percentage of existing species. New species are being discovered every day.
- Lakes and rivers flow beneath the ocean. These bodies of water are formed by the combination of salt water and hydrogen sulfide which makes that water denser than the surrounding waters.
- The largest ocean on earth is the Pacific Ocean which is home to approximately 25,000 islands.
- Some of the most unusual things discovered below the surface of the oceans include the Antikythera mechanism, an ancient computer discovered off the island of Antikythera in 1901 that ancient Greeks used to predict eclipses and astronomical positions, a giant lego man found on beaches in the UK, America and the Netherlands that were created by Dutch painter and sculptor Ego Leonard, trains that seem to have been either tossed or have fallen off a barge and rubber ducks from a shipment container that fell overboard in 1998 – the rubber ducks have been spotted on the shores of Hawaii, Alaska, Australia, South America and, improbably, Scotland.
- Marine biologists have chosen some startling names to describe some of the unique marine creatures that they’ve found under the sea. They include a feather star, the Glaucus Atlanticus blue dragon, the Mantis Shrimp with red legs, glowing green backs, bulging eyes, and long antennas, a Scotoplane sea pig, the Dumbo Octopus, the Leafy Sea Dragon, the Hairy Frogfish, a ruby-red Granrojo Jellyfish and the Sarcastic Fringehead.
Slots players can also enjoy ocean exploration with the Ocean Oddities online slot, now available for real money gaming at the SlotoCash casino.
Ocean Oddities Slot
There are many different types of creatures under the sea but some of the most unique are the marine life that produce pearls – some of the world’s most sought-after gems. Mussels produce pearls in freshwater ponds and rivers while in saltwater, it’s the oysters who incubate these valuable stones. Freshwater gems come primarily from China but divers off the coasts of Australia, French Polynesia and Japan discover most of the saltwater pearls.
Now slots gamers have the chance to discover their own peals and meet the creatures that produce them with the Ocean’s Oddities online slot. This is an underwater adventure of a lifetime with 5 reels, 25 paylines and plenty of interesting symbols and special features. Ocean Oddities slot machine is available for PC or mobile gaming entertainment for free gaming entertainment in the Free Mode or real money action in the Real Mode.
There’s a 91% to 97% RTP in this game plus two separate progressive jackpots – a minor progressive jackpot that’s valued at a few hundred coins and a major jackpot that’s worth thousands. This is a great game for budget players who can bet as little as 0.25 on as few or as many of the paylines as they want but VIP players will also find plenty to keep them busy with bet maximums that go up to 6.25 coins.
Symbols of the Ocean Oddities slot machine include racing fish, a racing snail, a high-paying king cod fish, sly coral, grumpy crabs and traditional slot machine playing cards in the form of brightly colored sponges. . If your spin results in five matching king cod symbols you can look forward to a 2500x bet line payout. All the spins take place against a coral background with the sounds of the ocean filling the air.
Keep your eye out for the friendly shark who lurks around the reef. He’s the game Wild and emerges on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels to substitute for any other game symbol and complete paylines. When the shark symbol acts as a Wild during the Free Spins game he doubles any payout of which he is a part.
Scatter symbols in Ocean’s Oddities are pearls. If 3 Pearl symbols appear during a regular game spin they trigger a scatter combination payout and launch the free spins game. Three pearl symbols triggers 10 free spins and if 2 pearls appear on the reels simultaneously during a free spin you’ll earn more free spins. As noted, if the Shark Wild comes up on a free spin, he can complete free spins combinations and trigger wins that are then doubled. If 4 shark symbols come up the multiplier expands to 16x.
Enjoy the best of marine life fun with Ocean’s Oddities online slot, now available for free and real money gaming fun at the PC and mobile casinos.