Responsible gaming basically refers to promoting a safe user experience to ensure that gamblers don’t experience negative consequences of online gambling.
Gambling should be regarded as entertainment as opposed to a means of generating income. Most of the population is able to treat gambling as recreation. They are aware that they can only spend what they can afford to risk. However for others, regarding gambling in this way is difficult.
Government officials, gaming operators and various non-profits are starting to work together to make sure that gambling is a positive experience for on-site casino and online casino players around the world. But there is so much you can do on your own!
Responsible Gambling on the Internet
According to archaeologists and anthropologists, gambling has been a part of human society for thousands of years – probably since the dawn of early man. People have always played games with the goal of accumulating prizes, be it simple stone throws into a receptacle or elaborate games with complicated rules and strategies.
Today you can find hundreds of games online. Old favorite board games such as Monopoly and Scrabble, simple puzzle games like Tetris and Sudoku, word puzzles, card games and more….all of these are readily accessible today with a click of the mouse on a desktop or a swipe of a finger on a mobile device.
Some games are available for players to compete against themselves with no betting involved. But other gaming activity involves making deposits and collecting cash wins. These types of games make it easy to fall into a pattern of gambling the time away. For this reason, we strongly note the following:
Gambling responsibly means exercising control over your gambling activities and making sure that gambling is “entertainment” and doesn’t negatively impact other areas of your life. That means, making a gambling budget and stick to it, in the same way that you’d budget for theatre tickets, restaurant meals or other types of recreational activities.
There are many reasons that people gamble. Some people enjoy the excitement of gambling and don’t really even care if they win. Others want to accrue prizes. And some people simply enjoy the social aspects that gambling bring. There are multiple types of gambling activities including playing games at land-based casinos, wagering on sporting events, playing online, placing a friendly bet with a buddy and more.
To be considered a responsible gambler you must:
- Be in control of how much money and time you are spending.
- View gambling as a form of entertainment.
- Know and accept the odds so you know exactly what your chances of winning are.
- Wager only the amount that you can afford to lose.
- Don’t try to compete with other players whose gambling budget may be more than yours.
- Don’t continue gambling as a way to try and win back your losses.
The easier it becomes to gamble, the easier it is to forget how to gamble responsibly. Today anyone can pull out their mobile device or sit down at their desktop in the privacy of their living room and place a sports bet or play online casino games.
That’s why it’s important to remember the basic tips for gambling responsibly. They include:
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose.
- Set your spending limit BEFORE you start playing.
- Set a time limit BEFORE you start playing.
- Don’t consider gambling as a way to make money but rather as a form of entertainment.
- Don’t drink when you gamble or when you’re depressed or upset.
- Don’t chase your losses.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Make ONE deposit into your casino account, in the amount that you’ve budgeted. Then, do not make any more deposits in that time period. If you win money, you’ll have something sitting there for your next gambling event.
Gaming operators are expected to comply with technical and legislative demands to promote responsible gaming by:
- Protect vulnerable gamblers – take steps to ensure that vulnerable individuals don’t become addicted to playing casino games or sports betting activities. Steps that can be taken in this regard include limits on time and money that players can spend on a gaming website and self-exclusion programs.
- Prevent underage gambling – institute a registration process with mandatory verification steps that verify the age of each player. Operators are encouraged to provide information to parents that allows them to install parental control apps and programs on home devices that block minors’ access.
- Ensure information privacy – use the highest level security technology so that control to players’ private data including their names, email address and phone numbers, is not compromised.
- Provide online payment protection – use a reliable software platform that protects players’ personal information and financial data. Data should be secured with the highest-level security technology available.
- Market ethically and responsibly -- ensure that advertisements are factually correct, do not entice people in with misleading information and do not target underage or vulnerable gamblers. Many countries have also started to institute regulations that obligate gaming operators to seek permission from the customer before sending that person direction marketing materials.
All this is part of our operational motto at SlotoCash Casino. Together, let's guarantee that online gaming be the best FUN around!!